The Journey That Began Beside the Jehlum.
Some journeys begin with a ticket.
Some begin with a suitcase.
But some journeys begin much earlier—with a dream.
My journey began beside the River Jehlum, at the Pier of Purushyar, near my ancestral home in Kashmir—the very place where I was born.
As a child, after returning from school and finishing my homework, I would often spend time at the pier. I could sit there for hours, watching the Jehlum flow gracefully through the valley.
For me, the river was more than just a river. It was a window to the world.
I would watch shikaras gently making their way across the water, carrying local people and visitors from distant lands. Whenever I saw foreign tourists, I would excitedly wave at them. Many would smile and wave back. Sometimes, they would even take my photograph with their cameras.
I still remember those innocent moments.
I did not understand the world of tourism or travel agencies at that age. Yet, something was quietly taking shape in my mind.
I began wondering about the people I saw arriving from different countries. Where had they come from? Where were they going? What other beautiful places had they seen?
And then, somewhere in those childhood thoughts, a dream was born:
“One day, I will have my own travel agency.”
Little did I know how long and difficult the road towards that dream would be.
A Journey Through Struggle
Life took unexpected turns.
I became a displaced person in my own motherland. The home where I was born, the land of my ancestors, the familiar surroundings of my childhood, and the memories that had shaped me were suddenly no longer a part of my everyday life.
The carefree child sitting beside the Jehlum had grown up.
There were years of struggle, uncertainty and challenges. There were moments when life seemed to be taking me far away from the dream I had once imagined beside the river.
But some dreams refuse to die.
That childhood dream remained somewhere within me—quiet, patient and alive.
Every struggle taught me something. Every setback made me stronger. And every new experience added another chapter to my journey.
Then came a morning that changed everything.
A Dream Begins to Take Shape
After years of perseverance and struggle, AADIKAILASH KAVERI TOUR AND TRAVEL began its journey.
For others, it may be a travel company.
For me, it is much more.
It is a dream that travelled with me from the banks of the Jehlum.
It is a reminder of the little boy who once sat at the Pier of Purushyar, watching the world pass by and dreaming of connecting people with places.
It is a tribute to the power of hope and perseverance.
And above all, it is proof that circumstances may change our path, but they do not necessarily have to change our destination.
From Kashmir to the World
Today, whenever I think about travel, I think beyond destinations.
Travel is about people.
It is about discovering new cultures, meeting strangers who become friends, experiencing unfamiliar landscapes and creating memories that remain with us for a lifetime.
Perhaps that is why travel has always held such a special place in my heart.
My first glimpse of the wider world came through those shikaras carrying visitors on the Jehlum.
Today, through AADIKAILASH KAVERI TOUR AND TRAVEL, I have the privilege of helping others begin journeys of their own.
The little boy at Purushyar could never have imagined where life would take him.
He could not have imagined displacement.
He could not have imagined the struggles that lay ahead.
And he certainly could not have imagined that one day his childhood dream would become a reality.
But perhaps dreams do not need to know the entire journey.
They only need someone willing to keep walking.
The Journey Continues
When I look back today, I realise that my story is not simply about starting a travel agency.
It is about holding on to a dream through difficult times.
It is about remembering where I came from while continuing to explore where I can go.
It is about turning memories into motivation and adversity into determination.
And so, my journey continues.
From the Pier of Purushyar, where a young boy first dreamed of the world beyond Kashmir...
To AADIKAILASH KAVERI TOUR AND TRAVEL, where that dream finally found its wings.
Some journeys begin with a destination.
Mine began with the River Jehlum.
And perhaps, in some beautiful way, every journey I help someone undertake today is a continuation of that childhood dream.
Yours at Service.

Comments
Post a Comment